Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blog Assignment 5

I had looked at several topic for essay 2. I still cannot come to the conclusion on which one would be the best one for me to do. I did do some research on the Pinkerton Detectives. They were a private U.S. security guard and a detective agency. It was established in 1850. Their security services ranged from security guarding to private military work. There were more agents employed than there were members of the standing army of the U.S. The Pikertons were hired to track western outlaws like Jesse James, the Reno Gang, and the Wild Bunch. It is pretty neat that there were private agencies hired to track down some of the wild ones from the West. I still do not think that I have enough information about this to be able to write a 6-8 page paper so I am still researching for others.

No comments: