Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blog Assignment 8

This paper was definetly the hardest out of every paper that I have wrote. The length is always a hard part for me. I got a good 5 pages and some of the peer reviews suggest that I make it a tad bit longer. I will have to re-read the paper and see what I can do. I also had a suggestion about using the word "I" in my paper. I will go back and change that. It was just a mistake while I was writing. I also had a suggestion about signal phrases. I am not too sure on what those are but I will look it up and see what it is about to know what I can do in my paper. I really had some good reviews on it being both informative and persuasive. They liked my conclusion and introduction. I really appreciate the compliments and the good advise I was given. I will recheck the paper as well for grammar errors. After I really narrowed down my topic and got to a point on what I was going to write about with that topic things feel into place and made it a whole lot easier. I always make things harder than they really are. Thanks again for the peer reviews. Good Luck to everyone on this essay!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I agree with so much of what you have said in your posts. I think this essay was really hard too. I am really grateful she has extended the deadline, as I am sure you are too after reading that you asked for an extension in your post! The length has been a bit tricky for me too. I think I barely got 6 pages in, but I had a lot of resources and info from the ebrary and stuff, but incorporating it into the paper was a bit of a trick. Good luck on making it as long as it needs to be. I also have major issues with the word "I" in my papers and always have to go back and fix that. I hope you get a good grade on this paper.

Brandy Morgan said...

I think that formatting an essay can be quite hard. I think that sometimes we think to hard about the length of the paper; instead of just putting what we are thinking down on paper. It would probably be easier to either extend your introduction or conclusion to get some more length. However, you could think of another supporting detail that you would like to include in the paper, and extend the essay that way as well. Also, if you go back a couple weeks there is a worksheet on phrases you can use before the research to make a better transition in your paper. I hope you get a good grade.

Brandy Morgan